This is a Chinese eggplant cold dish that is pretty easy to make. Chop up 1 Chinese/Japanese eggplant, whole or partially peeled, and microwave, with a little water on the bottom for the effect of steaming, for 4 min total on high, stirring/remixing halfway. Check to make sure eggplant is soft and cooked. Drain remaining water. Mince 1 stalk scallion and 1-2 clove garlic, and add about 2 tsp of each of soy sauce, vinegar, and sesame oil, mixing to make the sauce. Drizzle sauce over eggplant and mix well. The spongy eggplant soaks in the favor of the oriental spices and sauce and the signature fragrance of sesame oil. Yum! Leftover friendly.
Making the dish for the first time in a long time and from distant memories, I used way too much scallion and garlic, and the excessive raw spiciness actually made me tear up. I added edamame in hope of diluting the intensity of favor. But green and purple are also pretty to look at. The ratio above should be better though, and more consistent with what I did in the past.
No comments:
Post a Comment