Monday, January 21, 2013

Zucchini eggs quinoa stir fry

One zucchini and half a yellow bell coarsely diced, lightly sauteed in olive oil; 1 egg scrambled in; I was originally planning to use edamame, but I had some fresh mozzarella already open and basil so I threw in some of those instead; last I stirred in some leftover red quinoa (and rice because I had stored them in the same tupperware and they inevitably mixed to some extent). The end result was a colorful fusion/modified fried rice sorta thing. I think the quinoa, eggs and zucchini went well with each other and the yellow bell added a mellow crisp sweetness as well as splash of vibrant color, but the mozzarella was overpowered by the basil and the slightly bitter taste of zucchini and reduced to little beyond a chewiness in texture. Next time I will not be pressured by time-sensitive ingredients and go with my instinct of edamame. 


No comments:

Post a Comment